This began as a tale of two gay men, a cat and an octogenarian. It's not a sitcom but I'm not entirely sure it's real life. As a couple we realised we had a choice: either write about life with the grumpy old dwarf and try to see the funny side or bump him off and put him in the skip outside next door. Since that time we have moved on ... 7 years later I came back to update things! So now there are two men, two dogs and a bungalow in Barrybados.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

GI Jonny cum lately


LM7L5342, originally uploaded by Kelteek. (Photo by Patrick Olner)

Do you remember me telling you that I was going to do a GI Jonny event... well it was a salient reminder that I am an old git - an old fat git. Alex (a former student) and Linda (my current student) came along to help.

We dressed in khaki but the girls soon got into the swing with camouflage make up and GI Jonny T-shirts. I looked like something out of the A-team – the van, I think? Khaki does not suit me, and I had to keep moving about in case anyone mistook me for a Boy Scout Marquee.

Paul was in his element with the girls from SHAG (who were mostly middling class). Their ranks contained one called Jesney (which leads one to ask if her parents were called Jessica and Rodney - does she have a twin called Rodica? The whole thing sounds like a stuck together name... Remember Casa Bevron, Brookside fans?

After an hour (it may have been 15 minutes but it felt longer) Alex plucked up the courage to ask the DJ if she was going to play anything approximating to music but was told it was “Indie Night” as if that explained why only six people were on the dance floor till midnight, swaying in no particular rhythm to what sounded like the same damn song over and over.

The competition was to see who could put on a condom in the shortest amount of time whilst blindfolded (and before anyone complains about waste, the group were given out-of-date condoms to use for the task... is there anything sadder than a condom past its shag-by date?). Young men did very well but some seemed a little too enthusiastic about the dildo for their girlfriends’ liking... hmmm!




No comments: